The Commission 2 Work Plan 2007-2010 building on the
experiences of the previous period tries to fulfil and implement
the FIG Council Work Plan. Commission 2 in general aims:
Prof. Bela Markus, Hungary
- To perform needs analysis of Commission representatives and FIG
- To develop further the FIG Surveying Education Database and
facilities using educational and internet standards
- To organize annual workshops on actual topics related to education
- To investigate the use of information and communication technology
to support networked professional education
- To organise, jointly with other Commissions, Regional Summer
Schools for solving problems, filling educational gaps and for
building communities within young professionals.
The mission and aims were realized by the following Working Groups:
Working Group 2.1 – Curriculum development
Quality curriculum and instruction are - as they have always been
- the bedrock of education and the way to developing thoughtful and
fulfilled professionals. The society, science and technology around our
profession are changing rapidly. These changes continuously generate new
educational and training needs, which should be responded by educators to
ensure that their learners gain knowledge as effectively and efficiently
Working Group 2.2 – e-Learning
To successfully disseminate the knowledge, it is essential to have an
up-to-date learning environment. Thanks to the development in information
and communication technologies, there have been lots of possibilities and
tools re-engineer the classical teaching methods. Because of e-Learning
methods are expected to play an increasing role in professional education
there is a growing need for knowledge transfer on this field.
Working Group 2.3 – Educational Management and Marketing
Knowledge dissemination is not only a methodological / technical
problem. Institutes have to own the rights how the published materials may
be available for others as well as taking commercial aspects into account.
According to the rapidly changing world and demands in professional
education business-based survey can help us to manage successful
Working Group 2.4 – Real Estate Valuation and Management
This is a joint with Commission 9 to ensure the surveying education keeps
up with the rapidly changing field.
To support the activities in the working groups Commission also
- Summer Schools,
- initiated Joint Projects.
In addition to the specific activities above, the Commission
contributed to FIG Task Forces and the Standards Network.
Report to the 33rd General Assembly, Sydney,
Australia, April 2010
Report to the 32th General Assembly,
Eilat, Israel, May 2009
Report to the 31st FIG General Assembly, Stockholm, Sweden,
Report to the 30th FIG General Assembly, Hong Kong SAR, China, May
Working Group 2.1 - Curriculum development
- To support the mobility among professionals, teaching staff and
students using credit transfer.
- To support the implementation of „Bologna” changes (BSc / MSc / PhD /
Professional masters) and recognition.
- To facilitate the harmonization of curricula.
- To define a “core knowledge base”.
- To guarantee life-long learning with educational and training
- To serve the needs in the new professional challenges.
- To exchange ideas on Quality Management and Accreditation.
Prof Bela Markus
Working Group 2.2 – e-Learning
- To explore the movement from traditional face-to-face teaching towards an
integrated learning environment, the changing role of the academic staff.
- To discuss the technical, political, legal, organisational and cultural
problems of e-Learning.
- To exchange experiences on content development methods (Multimedia, CBT,
Quizzes etc) and student support (Virtual Club / Library, Communication
techniques, Teamwork tools).
- To identify the Educational Portal functions
- To disseminate Educational Metadata
Ir. E.M.C. (Liza) Groenendijk
Working Group 2.3 - Educational management and marketing
- To observe and register the new challenges of our profession respond
- To survey the needs for academic members and provide required
- To analyse the market and respond by LLL services.
- To promote the need on CPD (Continuous Professional Development).
- To disseminate experiences in recruitment and marketing.
- To distribute know-how in Project and Quality Management.
- To encourage young surveyors (students) on their career.
- To serve ALUMNI and use its power.
- To build twinning and thematic networks.
BEV (Vienna, Austria)